Achaari Masala or Pickle spice mix is widely used in north India to make pickles, curry etc. The thought of it itself is mouth-watering! You just have to use your imagination to use this masala. You can even add it to make some achaari tikkas. Some of the dishes from my blog where you can use this masala are – Achaari Arbi Recipe, Achaari Pulao Recipe, Mango Pickle Recipe
I’m sharing an easy recipe to make this spice easily at home. You can store this masala in a cool dry place for up to 3-6 months.
Achaari Masala / Pickle Spice Mix
An easy recipe to make Pickle spice mix at home..
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Masala
- Fennel seeds/Saunf - 3 tbsp
- Nigella seeds/ kalonji - 2 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds/ Methi - 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds / Jeera- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds/sarson - 2 tsp
- Dry Coriander seeds/Sabut Dhaniya - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chillies - 4
- Dried Mango Powder/Amchur Powder - 2 tsp
- Dry roast each ingredient except dried mango powder separately for few minutes on low flame. Spread it on a plate and let it cool down completely.
- Grind it to make a coarse powder and mix it with dried mango powder.
- Spread it on a plate for 30 minutes and then store it in an air-tight container.