Dried Curry Leaves – 1 cup
Urad dal/White lentil – 1/3 cup
Channa dal/Bengal Gram/split and skinned chickpeas – 1 tbsp
Tamarind – a small lemon size ball
Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies – 4
Salt to taste
Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
1) Wash and dry curry leaves by spreading it on a newspaper for few hours.
2) Add the curry leaves in a pan and dry roast them for few minutes till they start shrinking. Roast them on low flame and keep stirring. Transfer the content on a plate and keep it aside and let it cool down completely.
3) In the same pan, add 1 tsp sesame oil and roast urad dal and chana dal till white lentil turns golden brown. Now add tamarind and red chillies and saute for few seconds. Remove from the flame and let it cool down completely.
4) Add all the ingredients with salt and asafoetida in your blender and blitz it until it becomes a smooth powder.
5) Spread the powder on a newspaper and let it cool down completely before storing in an airtight container.
1) You can store this powder for a long time upto 3 months. Always store in a dry and cool place.
2) Keep the flame on low level while roasting the curry leaves or they will burn easily.
nandoos Kitchen says
best one for lazy mornings.
Priya Anandakumar says
My fav curry leaves powder, nice click…
Akhila P says
My favourite powder.. Eat it with rice for good taste.
I can think of a lot of meals I'd like to add this too!
Allison Wiberg says
I've never made this before. I'll have to give it a try.
Sophie Bowns says
This sounds awesome!
Oh i love them with rice and ghee.
MonuTeena RecipesPassion says
thanks for sharing its benefits dear , good for eye sight nice.. shall take it..
Shobana Vijay says
lovely and tasty one too
Curry Leaves says
Curry leaf is a wonder herb. Generally we use curry leaves in dishes for good taste and for fragrance. After that we use to throw away has many qualities like medicinal properties. In the food items, for beauty curry leaves are most useful. Curry leaves are good remedy for indigestion. They are also useful for weight loss.
I made a blog about curry leaf and curry leaves products