I cooked something very simple today for lunch hoping to enjoy my day to the fullest. Potato is one of my favorite and one of the most versatile vegetable. Even an easy Potato stir fry with simple ingredients tastes delicious!
I have added onion shallots and some idli milagai podi to it to enhance the taste. You can serve this Even an easy Potato stir fry with some sambar and rice.
Easy Potato Stir Fry
Recipe Type: stir-fry veggies
- Potatoes – 4 (Peeled and Chopped)
- Onion shallots – 10 (peeled and chopped)
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal /white lentil – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Idli Milagai podi – 1 tsp
- Dried Red chillies – 2
- Salt to taste
- vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida/hing – 1/8 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Heat a frying pan and add vegetable oil. Add mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida, white lentil and red chillies.
- When lentils turn light brown, add onion shallots and curry leaves and saute.
- Now add chopped potatoes, turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Stir fry for few minutes.
- Add idli milagai podi and salt to taste and mix it well.
- Sprinkle some water and close the pan with a lid. Keep stirring in between and cook till the vegetables are totally tender.