Pav Bhaji is a street food which from state of Maharashtra, India. Pav means dinner rolls and bhaji means cooked vegetables. Bhaji is a blend of vegetables and spices. The bhaji is also healthy in its own way as it has mix of boiled vegetables and you cook it by adding minimum oil. I prefer cooking the bhaji in the pressure cooker and then stirring it with masalas.
I have added fresh peas but you can also frozen peas. So, enjoy Pav bhaji today for snacking or lunch and wish you all a great week ahead..
- Potato – 3
- Carrot – 1
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Capsicum – 1 (small one)
- Tomatoes – 3
- Onion – 1
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Vegetable Oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Dinner rolls – 8
- Clean, peel and chop all vegetables and keep it aside.
- Pressure cook chopped potatoes, carrot, green peas with required water. Once vegetables are cooked, mash it lightly with potato masher.
- Add oil in a frying pan and when its warm, add cumin seeds, onion and saute till onions turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and chopped capsicum and saute.
- Add tomatoes to it and saute it for few minutes till tomatoes get mushy and soft.
- Add pav bhaji masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Add the boiled vegetables, salt to taste and mix well.
- Transfer the bhaji it into a bowl. Drizzle some butter, lemon juice and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Heat a griddle. Smear some butter on the dinner rolls and toast it over the griddle.
- Serve these rolls with the bhaji.