Rava Ladoo is an easy Indian sweet made with roasted semolina, ghee and dry fruits. It is a simple sweet which is usually made for special occasions like Diwali, new year etc. Me and mom made these ladoos together and it was so much fun just spending time with mom. I’m back in Chennai but will surely miss her. She shared an easy way to make these delicious rava ladoo. It is so easy that even you can’t go wrong making it. So,. sharing the Rava Ladoo recipe and hope you all try it out to enjoy with your family.
- Rava / Semolina / Sooji - 1 cup
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Ghee / clarified butter - ¼ cup
- Green Cardamom - 3
- 8 Cashew nuts (broken)
- 8 Raisins
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins on low flame till cashews turn light brown Keep it aside in a bowl.
- Now roast the semolina on low flame in the same pan till it starts leaving a nice aroma. Keep stirring.
- Grind sugar and cardamom pods to a fine powder. I grounded the roasted semolina too.
- Mix sugar and roasted semolina in a large bowl. Add fried cashews and raisins and mix it well.
- Heat the ghee in a small pan and when its hot, pour the ghee over the semolina mix and mix it well.
- When its warm itself start making small balls of the mix and keep it aside.
- Once it completely cools down, store it in an air-tight container.
You can also add 2 tbsp fresh grated coconut to add more flavor and aroma but adding coconut reduces the shelf life of the sweet.