It’s the season for Delhi carrots and peas. Winters are always special as you can see such good varieties of vegetables in the market. So, its time to make a quick Carrot Peas Stir Fry with these seasonal carrots and green peas. This stir fry is more popular in North India and known as Gajar Matar ki Sabzi.
Gajar Matar ki Sabzi is quite easy to prepare and can be served with flat breads. I made with for lunch today and served it with soft phulkas. Click here to check out the recipe to make perfect phulkas at home. So, check out the recipe and enjoy the goodness of carrots and green peas with this Carrot Peas Stir Fry.
- Carrots – 4 (scraped and finely chopped)
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- vegetable Oil – 2 tbsp
- salt to taste
- Soak kasuri methi in little water.
- Add oil in a frying pan and when its warm, add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chopped carrots, green peas and turmeric powder. Keep stirring.
- Add soaked kasuri methi, garam masala, red chilli powder and stir again.
- Lower the flame and close the pan for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and stir again till veggies are soft and cooked.
- Serve hot with flat bread like phulka, roti, naan etc.