Sweet Vermicelli is a quick sweet which is easy to make, delicious and specially loved by kids. I always look for quick options specially to treat my little boy. He has a sweet tooth like me and these easy dishes really come handy. It is also handy when you have sudden guests at home and you can serve this with any snack. I have earlier shared a recipe for semiyan payasam and this is another easy dessert cooked with vermicelli.
Vermicelli/Seviyan – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Water – 2 cups
Green Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Few broken almonds and pistachios
Ghee – 2 tbsp
1) Add ghee in a frying pan and roast the vermicelli for a minute. Keep stirring till they turn light brown.
2) Add water and bring it to boil. Lower the flame and let the vermicelli cook they become soft.
3) Add sugar and mix it well.
4) When the water completely gets evaporated, remove from the flame.
5) Add cardamom powder and mix it well.
Serve it hot or cold. You can garnish it with some broken almonds and pistachios.