Aam ki Laungi is a pickle from Rajasthan, India. I was actually confused to categorize it as some people say it is a chutney and some people say it is an Instant pickle. Anyways, it doesn’t matter as it tastes delicious and I love to have it with some stuffed parathas or theplas.
It is mainly made with cut mangoes and blend of spices. So, sharing an easy recipe to make Aam Ki laungi and hope you all have a great day.
Remove from the flame and serve it as a side dish with some flat bread or rice.
- Raw mango - 1
- Shredded Jaggery - 1 + ½ tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds / Jeera - ½ tsp
- Nigella seeds / kalonji - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds - ½ tsp
- fenugreek Seeds - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil - 1 tbsp
- Remove the skin of the mango and chop it.
- Add oil in a frying pan and add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped mango, turmeric powder and saute for few minutes.
- Add salt to taste and add jaggery and mix it well.
- Lower the flame and let it cook for few minutes.