Whole wheat flour – 3 cups
Besan / gram flour – 2 tsp
Spinach leaves – 1 cup
Yogurt/dahi – 3 Tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chili Powder- 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt to taste
1) Wash spinach leaves and Add them with little water in your blender and blitz it to make a paste.
2) Add wheat flour, gram flour, spinach paste, curd, turmeric powder, chili powder, asafoetida, salt, 1 tsp oil in a large bowl and knead well to make a soft dough. Use water only if required.
3) Cover the dough and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
3) Divide the dough into 10 to 12 equal parts and roll out each portion into thin circles. Use extra flour for dusting to roll it evenly.
4) Heat a Tava/griddle and cook each thepla using a little oil till it turns golden brown.
Serve it hot with Curd and some spicy pickle.
healthy and colorful thepla…
Smitha Kalluraya says
i love any theplas with pickles.. well made
Rafeeda AR says
awesome looking theplas…
Naomi Ganzu says
Look very nice! 🙂
Chef William Chaney says
l like all things spinach. This looks a lot like a spinach tortilla we make, however I often overlook the Turmeric powder which adds so many heart healthy benefits, Thanks for the recipe, I will try it this week.
Nathaniel Kidd says
I am not a real big spinach lover but this looks very healthy. I have not heard of this recipe. Thanks for sharing it.
Meredith Elizabeth says
Interesting idea. It would be good for St. Patrick's Day in the USA. I think I prefer green swirls rather than a whole green pancake look. I like spinach in salads raw.
Jeanne Melanson says
I'm pretty sure I would love these because spinach is one of my favorite greens. Thanks for sharing, Priya. I'm passing this on for you.
Don Purdum says
I absolutely love spinach!!! Thanks for the various ideas on how to enjoy it.
Erika Beyk says
this is a great recipe ,good for warm weather as well
and a great Idea to take it in a lunch box with you,maybe to the beach ? :).
This sounds really good I would eat with a a sauce
nandoos Kitchen says
Nayna Kanabar says
These look delicious perfect with mango pickle and cup of tea.
Arla DeField says
I will try this recipe this weekend! I have access to garden fresh organic spinach, and love trying new recipes.
Haffa Bexi says
I guess it will taste bit similar to paratha 🙂 Thanku soo much Priya for all the yummy recipes u linked to my event 🙂 Back to School Lunch Ideas
Ashishh Gupta says
It’s Lovely for Eat and i will make at home.