Serve it with your choice of side dish and enjoy. So, sharing the Pudina Thepla Recipe and do read the complete recipe before trying.
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cups
- Besan / gram flour – 2 tbsp
- Pudina / Mint leaves – 1/4 cup
- Yogurt/dahi – 2 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chili Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- vegetable oil – 4 -5 tbsp
- Clean mint leaves and finely chop it.
- Add wheat flour, gram flour, mint leaves, yogurt, turmeric powder, chili powder, asafoetida, salt, 1 tsp oil in a large bowl and knead well to make a soft dough. Use water only if required.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 to 12 equal parts and roll out each portion into thin circles. Use extra flour for dusting to roll it evenly.
- Heat the tava/griddle for a minute as the griddle should be hot. Place the flattened dough on the griddle and let it cook for few seconds.
- Flip it and let it cook for 10-15 seconds till small bubbles start appearing and spread little oil over it.
- Flip it again and spread little oil on other side and let it cook for few seconds.
- Serve it hot with your choice of curry, dal or simply enjoy with some spicy mango pickle.