Masala cookies with a cup of tea or coffee would be like a match made in heaven. I love these cookies and often bake them. Somehow they give me a satisfaction that I’m consuming less sugar 🙂 🙂 My family also loves these cookies especially my mother-in-law appreciates it a lot. She’s always sweet to me and brings a smile on my face with a word of motivation. So. sharing the recipe and hope you all have a great week ahead.
Recipe Type: Snack, Cookies
Make some delicious masala cookies and enjoy with your evening tea/coffee!
- All purpose flour – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Unsalted Butter – 1/2 cup (at room temperature)
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp (optional)
- Curd/Plain Yogurt – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Few Mint leaves
- Grated ginger – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- 1 Green chilly
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius. Sift all purpose flour and keep it aside. Roast Cumin seeds in a small frying pan on low flame for a minute and keep it aside.
- Add curry leaves, mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilly in your grinder and blitz it. Keep this spicy mixture aside.
- Add butter and salt, sugar in a bowl and mix it well.
- Now add all purpose flour, yogurt, spicy mixture, roasted cumin seeds, baking powder and mix well with your hands to make a soft dough. You can add more yogurt if you feel the dough is very stiff.
- Take a small portion of dough and flatten it gently with your hands and place it on cookie tray. You can also roll the dough with a rolling pin and use cookie cutter to shape it into different shapes.
- Keep at least 1/2 inch distance between each cookie.
- Place the cookie tray for baking at the same temperature and Set the timer for 20 minutes.
- When they start turning golden brown, remove from the oven and place them on wire rack for cooling.
- When they have completely cooled down store them in an air-tight container.