7 cup burfi is a delicious and easy sweet which you can make for special occasions like diwali etc. I have seen my mother making this sweet and wanted to try for quite sometime. Any festival is incomplete without sweets and and I always look for easy options as handling a toddler and cooking never goes hand-in-hand. This sweet is made with easily available ingredients like gram flour, coconut, ghee, milk, sugar etc. so, sharing a step-wise recipe and hope you all try for this festival season.
Bengal gram flour/ besan – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 cup (melted)
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 3 cups
Green Cardamom – 2
1) Keep a square pate greased with ghee ready. Remove the seeds from the cardamom pods and powder it.
2) Add all ingredients in a heavy bottom pan and mix it well and make sure there are no lumps.
3) Place the pan on the gas stove on low flame and stir continuously for few minutes. Now you’ll start seeing it bubbling and ghee leaving on sides. Add cardamom powder and keep stirring
4) When it starts becoming like a dough, transfer the content into the ghee greased plate and leave it for few minutes.
5) When it is still warm cut it into square pieces and keep it in a airtight container.