Spinach corn curry is a healthy curry where spinach and corn with blend of spices in tomato gravy. Spinach is low in calorie but high in vitamins and minerals. Green vegetables keep you young and active and it is also good for your heart. This is a curry which I made adding sweet corns with spinach and cooked in tomato gravy. You can serve it with flat bread or rice.
Spinach Corn Curry
Recipe Type: Curry
Make a healthy, comforting curry with spinach and corn!
- Sweet corn – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped spinach – 2 cups
- Tomatoes – 2 (Finely Chopped)
- Onions – 1 (Finely chopped)
- Grated ginger – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil – 1 tbsp
- Wash and chop spinach. Add it in your blender with little water and blitz it to make a paste. Transfer the content in a bowl.
- Now add onion, tomatoes and ginger in your blender and blitz it and keep it aside.
- Microwave sweet corn for 2 minutes with 1/4 cup of water.
- Add oil in a frying pan and when its warm add cumin seeds and Asafoetida. Saute it for few seconds and then add the onions-tomato paste to it. Saute it nicely for few minutes till oil starts leaving on sides.
- Add spinach paste, boiled sweet corn, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix it well.
- Lower the flame, close the pan with a lid and let it cook for few minutes.
- Transfer it into a bowl and serve.