I love sweets and my excitement doubles when there is a festival or time for some celebration. Any Indian festival is incomplete without sweets. I did not have any big occasion to celebrate today but I still made these Aval ladoo. Why wait for an ocassion? We can celebrate life everyday. When life gives you sweet moments, you double the happiness with these ladoos :)..
Following is a quick video to make these ladoos. It is so easy to make and all you need are just 3 main ingredients:
Aval or poha means beaten rice. So, these ladoos are made with beaten rice and sweetened with sugar. Check out the detailed recipe and enjoy Poha laddu with your family.
- Aval/Poha/beaten rice - 1 cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Ghee / clarified butter - ¼ cup
- Cardamom - 3
- Cashew nuts - 8 (chopped)
- Raisins - 10
- Roast the beaten rice on low flame for few minutes. Keep stirring and do not let the color change and keep stirring. Remove from the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Add roasted beaten rice, sugar and cardamom in your food processor and grind it to a fine powder.
- Heat ghee in the pan and fry the cashews and raisins.
- Remove the pan from the flame and add the powdered poha mix.
- When its warm itself start making small balls of the mix and keep it aside.
- Once it completely cools down, store it in an air-tight container. You can store it upto 2 weeks in a cool place.