I think Sweet Potato French Fries baked to crispy perfection are the best snack ever. Since they’re baked and not fried, I feel less guilty about eating them. Now, you can imagine me sipping my cup of Ginger tea with these crispy Sweet potato fries :)..
I think my french fry slicing technique has also improved. It still needs improvement but I was happy with the outcome. The potatoes have to be sliced in even thickness or they will not bake properly. Some will bake faster and others might not turn crispy. I just sliced them in 3 inch length and 1/4th inch thickness. So, sharing the Sweet Potato French Fries Recipe today. You can choose seasoning of your choice. I just used some black pepper, red chilli flakes, dried oregano and salt for seasoning. Bake them and enjoy with your family…
****You can alternatively deep fry them in oil. If you choose to deep fry, add seasoning after frying them.
- Sweet potatoes - 3
- Vegetable oil - 6 tbsp
- Dried oregano - 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli flakes - 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C / 400 °F.
- Clean the sweet potatoes, dab dry with a towel, peel it and slice it evenly in 3 inch length and ¼th inch thickness.
- Add the sliced sweet potatoes, oil, dried oregano, red chilli flakes, black pepper powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix it nicely so that oil and spices coats nicely on the sliced potatoes.
- Spread these sliced potatoes on a non-stick baking tray.
- Place it in the oven and bake at same temperature for 20-25 mins. Turn once with a spatula during baking (after 10 mins) and keep an eye on them for the last 10 minutes to ensure they don’t overcook.
- Serve them with your favorite dip or tomato ketchup.