It is strange how simplest things in life give you more happiness. It could be watching the sunset or reading one of my favorite book. It could be watching my son’s smiling face or a sudden hug from him. I want to embrace simplicity today and enjoy those priceless moments. I was making this boondi ki sabzi today and smiled as I remembered my childhood days in Delhi. Mom used to make this Boondi curry…
Boondi ki sabzi is one of the easiest curry which you make in flat 15 minutes. I love to snack on Boondi and it is actually easy to make too. I have already shared a detailed recipe for Kara Boondi and you can click here to try it out. I remembered the first time amma made this curry. It was dinner time and only onion, tomato in the pantry. So, she made this boondi ki sabzi and served with roti. We all loved it and it became a regular thing in the house. So, sharing an easy curry recipe with you all today and wish you all a great week ahead. You can serve this curry with roti or rice.
- Boondi - ½ cup
- Tomatoes - 2 (finely chopped)
- Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli - 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 tbsp (grated)
- Garam masala - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida/hing - ⅛ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds/Jeera - ½ tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing - 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Heat a frying pan and add oil to it.
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida and let it splutter.
- Now add chopped onions and saute till onions are translucent.
- Add chopped green chillies and ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and saute till tomatoes are mushy.
- Add garam masala, turmeric powder and saute.
- Lower the flame, add 1 cup of water, salt to taste and boondi. Let it simmer for few minutes.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.