Paratha is a popular flatbread in India with many variations. It is either plain or stuffed with some vegetable. I got addicted to making stuffed parathas for breakfast during my good old days in Delhi. hot parathas topped with loads of butter served with some curd and pickles is like my perfect breakfast any given day. Preparing parathas is easy and you can always make it more healthy by using minimum butter. I made some radish parathas today . Some people avoid eating radish as it causes gas and gives you a bloated feeling. So, I usually add some carom seeds (ajwain) in these parathas to help in digestion. So, sharing a step-wise recipe and hope you all enjoy your day.
Whole Wheat Flour – 3 cups
Grated radish – 2 cups
Finely chopped onions – 1/2 cup
Ajwain/ Carom Seeds – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee/Butter/cooking oil for frying parathas
7) Heat a tawa/griddle for a minute. Place the rolled dough and cook for a minute. Turn it and let the other side also cook till it starts turning brown. Add little ghee on both sides and remove from the flame.Serve it hot topped with butter with some curd and pickle.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 3 cups
- Grated radish – 2 cups
- Finely chopped onions – ½ cup
- Ajwain/ Carom Seeds – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee/Butter/cooking oil for frying parathas
- Grate Radish and squeeze it to remove excess water from it. Do not throw this water as it will have the essential nutrients. You can use this water to prepare the dough.
- Add grated radish, ajwain, salt, garam masala, chopped onions, Red chili powder in a frying pan and mix it well. Saute it on low flame for 2 minutes and transfer it in a bowl.
- Add whole wheat flour and salt in a bowl and knead it by adding little by little water to make a smooth and stiff dough.
- Take a portion of the dough and make a medium sized ball.
- Dust the ball with dry floor and roll out a portion of dough using rolling pin and add a spoonful of filling in the center.
- Now start closing it from all ends. Lightly dust it with dry flour and roll it in a round shape using a rolling pin.
- Heat a tawa/griddle for a minute. Place the rolled dough and cook for a minute. Turn it and let the other side also cook till it starts turning brown. Add little ghee on both sides and remove from the flame.Serve it hot topped with butter with some curd and pickle.