This is an eggless whole wheat cake flavored with cinnamon and cardamom. It is a perfect, soft, moist tea/coffee time cake and I have topped it with Vanilla Glaze. This is the first time I guest blogged for my friend Esha gupta and thought of making something sweet and healthy.
I’ve been following Esha’s blog for some time now and simply love her product reviews. I have tried few of the products she has reviewed and very happy with it. So, do visit her blog – wellnes and vanity and you will definitely find something useful for your health and beauty.
Have a great week friends!!
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Melted unsalted butter – 1/2 tbsp
Milk – 2 tbsp
Combine powdered sugar, vanilla essence, butter and milk until mixture is creamy without any lumps.
Add this glaze on top of the eggless whole wheat cake cake and enjoy!!!!
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Castor Sugar - 1 cup (you can also use grated jaggery)
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup + 2 tbsp (you can add more to bring the cake to dropping consistency)
- Baking powder - ½ tbsp
- Baking Soda - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
- Green cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - ¾ cup
- Chopped Walnuts - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Raisins - 1 tbsp (optional)
- Preheat oven at 200 C. Sift wheat flour, baking soda and baking powder and keep it aside.
- Add sugar, oil in a bowl and mix it well until sugar completely dissolves. Add yogurt and blend it well.
- Now add all wheat flour slowly to the mix and blend it well. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter. Add water and bring it to a dripping consistency. Add cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, raisins, walnuts and give a quick stir.
- Grease the cake tin with some oil evenly and add the batter to it. You can also use butter paper.
- Bake at 180 C for 50 minutes. Check after 50 minutes by inserting a toothpick at the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then your cake is done or else continue baking for 5 more minutes and keep a watch on it.
- Once it has cooled down, invert it on a wire rack and let it cool down completely.
- Enjoy this cake drizzled with vanilla glaze. Check the post to learn how to prepare vanilla glaze.
Bring the batter to dripping consistency. I added 1 and ¼ cup water. If you feel batter is too thick, add more water.
Use 9 inch or 10 inch round/square pan.