This is a lentil barley soup made with yellow lentil, goodness of barley and sweetness of carrots and onion. This soup is packed with health and comfort. It is easy to cook and will keep you warm on a winter night. So, sharing a healthy soup recipe with you all today and hope you all try it out this winter and enjoy with your family.
Lentil Barley Soup
Enjoy some comforting soup with goodness of lentil and barley!
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Soup
- moong dhuli/yellow lentil - ½ cup
- Barley - ¼ cup
- Onions - 2 (finely chopped)
- Garlic finely chopped - 1 tbsp
- Grated ginger - 1 tsp
- Carrots finely chopped - ¼ cup
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder - ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash and soak lentil and barley in some water for 30 minutes. Add oil in a 3 liter pressure cooker and when its warm, add onions, chopped garlic, grated ginger and saute.
- When onions turn translucent, add carrot, lentil, barley, salt to taste, cumin powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder and 2 cups of water and mix well.
- When it starts boiling, close the cooker and let it give 2-3 whistles. When the pressure comes down, blend it well with a hand blender.
- Garnish it with some chopped coriander leaves before serving.