It has been a gloomy day in Bangalore with slight drizzles. These gloomy days always make me crave for more Chai. I can snuggle into a blanket with some ginger tea and a nice book. I had the same thoughts running in my mind when I saw this man with cart full of fresh corns from my balcony. I could not resist and decided to enjoy some bhuna bhutta today..
Bhuna bhutta is a roasted corn on the cob with a dash of salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice. You will usually see these road-side vendors roasting them on a bed of charcoal. I could not wait in the rain to get it roasted and decided to go home and do the needful. I simply roasted it over the gas stove and enjoyed it with some Adarak wali Chai. These are the simple pleasures of life and I wish that you get to enjoy it too..
- Bhutta/Corn on the Cob – 2
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Lemon – 1
- Roast fresh corn over the gas stove.
- Mix the red chilli powder and salt.
- Take this mix on a slice of lemon and apply it on the roasted corns. Squeeze the lemon as you apply the red chilli powder and salt.