Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. People who start the day with a good breakfast are most productive and stay happy. I made Moong dal Cheela for breakfast today. It is easy to make and healthy too! You can watch this quick video to make these Lentil crepes.
Alternatively you can also make crepes with chickpeas flour. Click here to check out the recipe for Besan ka cheela. I’m sharing a detailed recipe for Moong dal cheela today. I enjoyed these lentil crepes with some tomato ketchup. You can even serve it with Coriander chutney.
- Moong dhuli dal / Split green lentil - ½ cup
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp
- Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 2 (finely chopped)
- Fresh coriander leaves - ¼ cup
- Asafoetida/hing - ⅛ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil - 4 tbsp
- Clean and soak lentil for 3-4 hours.
- Grind the lentil with little water to make a smooth batter and transfer it in a bowl.
- Add turmeric powder, salt to taste, asofetida, chopped onions, green chillies, grated ginger and coriander leaves in the bowl. Mix well.
- Heat a griddle/tawa for a minute. Lower the flame and smear little oil on the pan.
- Take a ladleful of batter and pour on the center of the griddle. Immediately spread it on the pan in circular motion to make a round crepe.
- Add few drops of oil on the edges and let it cook for a minute.
- Flip, add few drops of oil and let it cook for another minute.
- Serve it hot with ketchup orchutney.