I have been blogging for four years now and I can say that it has been an amazing roller coaster ride. So, to celebrate my blog anniversary, I made Paneer jalebi as no celebration is complete unless you add some sweetness to it.
I started blogging as a hobby and this journey made me an entrepreneur. I have made some amazing friends, gained knowledge from my co-bloggers and I’m the happiest girl to have my space in this world wide web…
Jalebis are usually made with urad dal or maida but you can make them with paneer too. They will be thicker than usual jalebis and more softer too. I had these paneer jalebis for the first in Chandni Chowk, Delhi and got hooked on to them. I was born and brought up in Delhi and love the street food out there. It could be the gol gappas or the ram ladoos…
The batter for these jalebis is made with cottage cheese which is deep fried and then immersed in sugar syrup. You can relish it warm or even top it with some Gulkand Rabri. They are super easy to make and I’m sure that you will love them. So, sharing a detailed recipe to make Paneer Jalebi today, Do try it out and share your feedback.
- Paneer/Cottage cheese – 2 cups (400 gm)
- Maida/All purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
- Orange Food Color – 1/8 tsp
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Saffron Strands – 10
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Add all purpose flour in a mixing bowl. Slowly add water to make a thick paste. Close the bowl with a lid and leave it aside for 1 hour.
- Mash paneer nicely.
- Now add this paneer in the bowl with all purpose flour and mix well. The batter needs to be thick for piping. Do not add any extra water. Add food colour and mix well.
- In a sauce pan, add sugar and 2 cups of water and mix well. Once the sugar dissolves, add saffron strands and lower the flame. Cook the sugar syrup for few minutes till it thickens. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Pour the batter in a sauce bottle or a piping bag.
- When the oil is hot, lower the flame and slowly press the piping bag in circular motion to make jalebis.
- Fry them on low to medium flame till crisp.
- Drain the oil and immediately drop them in sugar syrup and let them soak for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the sugar syrup and serve immediately.