These eggless beetroot cashew cupcakes are for a special occasion today. I complete two years of my blogging journey and what an amazing journey it has been which I can celebrate with joy and happiness. The first year was all about crazy blogging marathon where I successfully completed 365 recipes by posting one recipe a day. Second year was all about awards and acclaims. I appeared in Tv shows, received a prestigious award from India Books of records, started taking projects as food consultant and social media consultant. I have started experimenting with food styling, photography and thoroughly enjoying it.
Everyone rates their success differently and I will rate my success with the love and support I received from family and friends. I got connected to many foodie friends and bloggers. Some of them are my closest friends today. I still feel my journey has just begun and I have miles to go. I have no idea what is in store for me in the coming year, but I’m hoping it to be successful.
You all know that I have a big sweet tooth. So, sharing some cupcakes to celebrate my second blog anniversary. I wanted to do something extravagant for the anniversary but last few weeks have been crazy and I have not been keeping well. So, I decided to make these healthy cupcakes filled with goodness of beetroot and cashew. I have just made few changes to the carrot cake recipe I have already shared in my blog. My family loved it and hope you all try and share the feedback with me.
- Whole Wheat flour – ¾ cup
- All purpose flour/Maida – ¼ cup
- Grated beetroot – ½ cup
- Yoghurt/dahi – ¾ cups
- Olive oil – ¼ cup
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Granulated Sugar – ¾ cup
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Salt -1/4 tsp
- Broken Cashew nuts – 2 tbsp
- Preheat oven at 180 °C
- Sift all wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder all together twice and keep it aside.
- Add oil, yogurt, milk and sugar in a bowl and mix it well.
- Now add flour mix, vanilla essence, grated beetroot and mix it well to form a smooth creamy batter.
- Grease a cupcake pan with oil or line it with cupcake liners.
- Fill each cup and sprinkle the broken cashews in each cup.
- Bake at same temperature for 20 minutes. Check after 20 minutes by inserting a toothpick at the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then your cake is done or else continue baking for 5 more minutes and keep a watch on it.
- Let it cool down completely before you eat them and enjoy!!