Aamras is the delicious pulp of the Mango fruit which is prepared with Alphonso mango variety. It is commonly prepared in mango season in Rajasthani, Marwari, Maharashtra, Gujarati homes. Usually the pulp from ripe alphonso mangoes is extracted by hand and consumed along with soft pooris. Sugar is also added to adjust the sweetness. You can also add cardamom powder or saffron strands. It is less messy to use a blender 🙂
The mango season is here and I finally saw some wonderful, ripe alphonso mangoes in the market. So, how could I resist making Aamras. So, here’s my lunch today – Aamras with some soft pooris and tariwale aloo.
- Ripe alphonso mangoes – 2
- Sugar – 2 tsp (optional)
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Peel and chop mangoes.
- Add mango chunks in your blender along with sugar, water and cardamom powder and blitz it until smooth.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Serve it chilled with some hot hot pooris.