Mohallabiah is a delicious Middle Eastern pudding made with thickened milk and rice flour. The rose water enhances the dessert and even kids love it. It is a gluten-free dessert and you can make it easily at home.
I’m a big dessert fan. So, you might find me sharing a sweet or dessert recipe often on my blog. Blogging and writing always gives me joy. So, sharing the Muhallabia Recipe today. Prepare it and enjoy with your family and friends..
Muhallabia Recipe / Mohallabiah
Recipe Type: Dessert
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 tin (400 grams)
- Rice flour – 1/3 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Milk – 1 cup
- Rose water/ Rose Essence – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence/Extract – 1/2 tsp
- Broken Pistachios and Almonds – 2 tbsp
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- In a bowl, add milk and rice powder and mix it well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Mix sweetened Condensed Milk with 2 cups of water in another bowl. Add this in a pan and bring it boil.
- Slowly pour the rice mixture over the boiling milk. Lower the flame and constantly keep stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the flame and add the rose water and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into small bowls, and garnish with the broken nuts and raisins.
You can add more sugar if you like it more sweeter.
Pass me that bowl..looks creamy and delicious…
mouth melting dish….
Rafeeda AR says
I love mohallabieh!!! Some recipes use corn flour for thickening, and it tastes better than rice flour… do try… 🙂
Shweet Spicess says
aha very simple recipe 🙂 will try to make once atleast
MonuTeena RecipesPassion says
looks really inviting priya.. couldn't comment before because of network issues .. shall try your nice recipe
I am so glad Priya to find this Middle Eastern dessert on your food blog. Love your presentation too!
Salma Dinani says
That looks delicious, I'll have to try it! I'm just not a big fan of the rosewater flavour. Do still think it would taste good if I left that out?
Jeanne Melanson says
Mmmm, that does look very good, Priya. Thanks for sharing!
Veena Theagarajan says
delicious recipe.. looks too tempting
Priya, this sounds like phirni. 🙂 I love that!!!
Rich and delicious dessert:-)
Amanda T says
I'm always looking for tasty gluten free treats. Thanks for the recipe!