Firstly prepare the filling..
Place a tablespoon of filling in center of the bread..
Roll it in bread crumbs..
Deep fry and enjoy! Read complete instructions before you tart the preparation.
- Whole wheat bread slices – 12
- 1 medium sized onion (Finely chopped)
- 1 large tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 medium sized potatoes (Peeled, boiled and mashed)
- Green peas – 2 tbsp (Boiled)
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chat masala – 1 tsp
- Fresh Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Bread crumbs – 1/2 cup
- Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup
- Add 1 tsp cooking oil in a frying pan and when its warm add cumin seeds and chopped onions to it. When onions turn golden brown add tomatoes to it. Saute it for few minutes.
- Now add mashed potatoes, green peas, grated carrot, salt, turmeric powder, chat masala and black pepper to it and mix it well. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Transfer the filling into a bowl and keep it aside.
- Remove sides of the bread and keep it ready.
- Mix cornflour with little water in a separate bowl to make a paste.
- Take one slice of bread and sprinkle little over it. Squeeze it gently to remove excess water.
- Place a spoonful of vegetable filling in the middle and roll it gently and close the ends.
- Dip the roll in cornflour mix and roll it over bread crumbs and keep these rolls ready.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to deep fry the rolls. When the oil is warm, lower the flame.
- Deep fry these rolls gently in oil till they turn golden brown.
- Serve it hot with some tomato ketchup or any dip of your choice.