What do you do with leftover rice specially if you have only once cup left which won’t be enough for anyone. I usually turn the leftover rice to some variety rice by adding carrots, peas etc or a simple curd rice. This time I decided to make some bonda with leftover rice and it was simply delicious and my family truly enjoyed it.
I have shared a recipe earlier to make vegetable bonda ( click here for recipe ). So, sharing an easy recipe to make some rice bonda and hope you all have a great day.
- Cooked rice – 1 cup
- Chopped onions – 1/2 cup
- Carrot – 1 (grated)
- Chopped green chilies – 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Besan / Gram Flour / Chickpeas Flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Baking Soda – a pinch
- Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil for frying – 1/2 cup
- Add onion, salt to taste, green chilies, grated carrot, chopped coriander leaves, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, along with cooked rice in a bowl and mix it well. Make small rice balls of this mix.
- Take another mixing bowl and add gram flour, rice flour, baking soda, salt to taste, red chili powder, turmeric powder. Mix it well by adding little by little water to make a dripping batter. The batter should be of dripping consistency.
- Heat oil in frying pan and Keep it on medium flame. Make sure to check if oil is ready. You can check by dropping a small ball of the dough in the hot oil and if it immediately comes on top, oil is ready.
- Dip rice ball in the the batter and fry it in oil.
- Fry till it turns golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain the excess oil and serve it hot.
- Serve it hot with some coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.