Ram ladoo is a popular Delhi street food. This is specially famous around Holi festival time. Ram laddu is prepared from yellow lentil and Bengal gram and served with green chutney and grated radish. I love adding some sweet tamarind chutney which gives it a nice tangy flavor. So, sharing a step-by-step recipe for some delicious Indian Street Food.
Yellow lentil / Moong dhuli – 3/4 cup
Bengal Gram / Split chickpeas – 1/3 cup
Chopped green chilies – 1 tbsp
Grated ginger – 1 tsp
Few Finely chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Asafoetida – a pinch
Cooking Oil for deep frying (I used sunflower oil)
For Garnishing –
1) Wash and soak yellow lentil and Bengal gram in water for 3 hours. Drain the water and keep it aside.
2) Add soaked dal, ginger, green chilies, coriander leaves, asafoetida and grind it to make a smooth paste. Do not add any extra water while grinding.
3) Transfer the batter into a bowl, add salt to taste, mix it well and keep it aside.
4) Heat some oil in a frying pan. Make sure to check if oil is ready. You can check by dropping a small portion of the batter in the hot oil and if it immediately comes on top, oil is ready.
5) Take a small portion of batter in your hands and drop it into the oil carefully. You can also use a spoon to drop the batter into the warm oil.
6) Deep fry in oil on low flame till it turns golden brown. Drain excess oil and keep them aside.
7) Place few ram laddoo’s in a bowl and garnish it with some grated radish, green chutney, sweet tamarind chutney and squeeze little lemon juice on top of it and enjoy!!