Green chilies – 6-7
Besan / Gram Flour / Chickpeas Flour – 1 cup
Rice flour – 1/4 cup
Baking Soda – a generous pinch
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cooking oil for deep frying
1) Wash and dry the green chilies with a dry towel.
2) Slit the green chilies from the center leaving the edges as shown in the above picture and remove the seeds.
3) Add besan, rice flour, baking soda, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt in a bowl.
4) Add water little by little and make a smooth batter. The batter should not be runny and a little thick so that they coat easily over the chilies as shown on the above picture.
5) Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Make sure to check if oil is ready. You can check by dropping a small ball of the dough in the hot oil and if it immediately comes on top, oil is ready.
6) Dip green chili in the the batter and deep fry them till they turn golden brown on both sides.. I chopped the green chilies into halves to fry them easily.