I’m basically a tea drinker and usually prefer to have some ginger tea. I also keep a stack of some chai masala ready as my husband especially loves it. It adds a nice aroma to the tea and very refreshing. It is made by using different herbs which are very good for health. So, sharing an easy recipe today to make some tea masala powder.
- Cinnamon – 2 tbsp (broken into small pieces)
- Cloves – 1 tsp
- Black peppercorns – 2 tbsp
- Green Cardamom – 3 tbsp
- Dried tulsi leaves / holy basil – 2 tbsp
- Mace – 1 tbsp
- Grated Nutmeg – 1 tsp
- Dried ginger powder – 3 tbsp
- Dry roast the cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, cardamom for few minutes on low flame. Keep it aside and let it cool down completely.
- Add nutmeg, mace, dried tulsi leaves and ginger powder along with roasted ingredients and grind to make a coarse powder.
- Spread the content on a newspaper and leave it aside for 30 minutes.
- Store it in a cool place in a air-tight container. You can use a generous pinch of powder to make a flavoured tea.