Panipuri which is also known as golgappa or puchka is a popular street food in India. I’m sharing a recipe to make the puris for this street food which is served with tamarind water, sweet chutney and other fillings. You will find many variations to serve this dish like Dahi Puri or with sweet tamarind water or it is filled with cooked chickpeas and chat masala.
I’m very fond of this street food and I can have these delightful balls one after another :)I’m sharing a step-by-step recipe to make these puris which you can enjoy with different variations which I will share soon.
Click here to check out the complete recipe to Pani and essembling ingredients for Pani Puri.
- Semolina/Rava/Sooji – 1 cup
- All purpose flour/maida – 2 tbsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water for kneading the dough
- Cooking Oil for deep frying – 1 cup
- Add semolina, all purpose flour, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Start adding water slowly and knead to make a stiff, smooth dough. Keep it covered with a wet muslin cloth for 30 minutes.
- Now make small balls of it and flatten it with a rolling pin. Using a 2 inch shape cutter, cut into small round shape.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. To check if the oil is warm, drop a small piece of dough into the oil. If it comes on top immediately, the oil is warm for frying.
- Keep the flame on medium level and slide the raw puri into the oil carefully. You have to keep regulating the flame to make sure oil doesn’t get too hot.
- Press down lightly on the puris as it fries to help it puff up.
- Once puris turn golden brown, put them on a strainer or a paper tissue to drain excess oil.
nandoos Kitchen says
hmm.. lovely. Love pani puri. Nice I know where to look for the puri's.
Rafeeda AR says
thank u for sharing… i just wanted to know this…
Smitha Kalluraya says
hmm.. lovely.. will stay tuned ,drooling for coming soon chat recipe..im a big fan of chaats
Subha Subramanian says
Nice poris.Thanks for sharing……
MonuTeena RecipesPassion says
i am loving the gol gappas pani purriii… in fact i didnot know how to make them priya thanks for sharing my dear
Kitchen Rhythms says
Now I can say you are a poori Expert..Looks Perfect.
They look awesome 🙂
Ohhh! Love that!!!
I do not know this food, but I think it’s incredible and beautiful. Looks Perfect!!!
I’ll do it tomorrow ???? I’ll tell you the result.
Priya Shiva says
Thank you Blanca. Pls do share the feedback 🙂