Kaju Katli is a famous Indian sweet which is made for special occasions and I personally don’t need any reason to have this sweet 🙂 .. This is my first attempt on making this sweet dish and to my surprise it was not that tough as I thought it would be..
Make these delicious cashew fudge in flat 20 minutes and enjoy for any occasion.
Kaju Katli / Cashew Burfi
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serves: 15 pieces
- Cashew nuts – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Ghee/clarified butter – 1 tbsp
- Add cashews in your grinder and powder it in one go. If you take too much time to grind it will start oozing oil and become sticky.
- Boil sugar and water in a pan and when it comes to one string consistency, lower the flame and add powdered cashews.
- Keep stirring with the ladle and in few minutes it will automatically turn into a dough.
- Remove from gas stove and when the dough is still warm transfer the content on a clean platform greased with little ghee and knead.
- If you feel the dough is very dry, add very little milk and knead.
- Roll the dough with a pin and cut it into diamond shapes.
Do not grind cashews directly taken out from refrigerator. Keep it outside for sometime to bring it to room temperature.[br]Add milk only if you feel the dough is dry as it will reduce the shelf life of the sweet.[br]To check one string consistency, take a drop of the the water and sugar mixture and try making a string between your index finger and thumb.