Sunny days are here! Yes, it is time of the year when water is the need of the hour. I just want to sit in a swimming pool whole day and keep sipping some lemonade. Schools have also closed down. So, I’m trying hard to stay sane and keep my kid busy with some activities. I bought this big watermelon today and thought of making some watermelon crush. Then I decided against it and ended up making Watermelon Gazpacho. Gazpacho is a cold soup and very popular in Spain especially during summer time.
Gazpacho is usually made with tomatoes. Chopped cucumber, onion, jalapenos, garlic is added to enhance the taste. I decided to give a twist with watermelon and enhanced the taste with ginger in it. So, check out the recipe for Watermelon Gazpacho today. It is refreshing, healthy and absolutely yum!
- Watermelon - 2 cups (cubed and remove seeds)
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Cucumber - 1 (peeled and chopped)
- Red onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 tbsp (grated)
- Jalapeno - 1 (minced)
- Black pepper - ½ tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Add watermelon, tomato, cucumber, ginger, salt to taste, lemon juice, olive oil in your blender and blitz it.
- Transfer this in 2 serving bowl. Add chopped onions, jalapeno, sprinkle some black pepper, garnish some mint leaves and serve.
- You can even chill it for few hours or add ice cubes.