Desserts and sweet treats are my weakness. My lunch or dinner won’t be complete unless I eat something sweet. So, I made this Gulkand Semiya Kheer for lunch today and enjoyed with my family. We usually make semiya kheer with cardamom and saffron flavors. I loved the addition of gulkand to it.
Gulkand is a sweet rose petal preserve. It has health benefits too apart from adding great flavors to any dish. It helps to keep your body cool especially in summer. You can simply mix a spoonful of gulkand with milk and consume every day in summer to avoid heat stroke. I love making desserts with gulkand like Gulkand paneer Burfi or Gulkand Rabri.
So, sharing another easy dessert recipe today using gulkand in it. Make some Gulkand Semiya kheer with vermicelli, gulkand cooked in milk and enjoy with your family.
- Vermicelli/Semiya - 1 cup
- Saffron Strands - 10
- Gulkand - 4 tbsp
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Milk - 4 cups
- Cashews - 10 (broken)
- Raisins - 10
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Rose Essence - 1 tsp
- Boil milk in a pan and keep it aside.
- Soak saffron strands in little warm milk.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee in a frying pan and fry few broken cashews and raisins and keep it aside.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee in the same pan and roast the vermicelli for a minute till they turn light brown and add boiled milk to it.
- Lower the flame and let the vermicelli cook in the milk till they become soft. Keep stirring.
- Add sugar, gulkand, saffron strands and mix it well till sugar gets dissolved.
- Remove from the flame and add fried cashews and raisins, rose essence and mix it well.
- Serve it hot or cold.