The weather is amazingly beautiful in Bangalore. It is a mix of rainy days and sunny days but the weather stays pleasant. This weather only doubles my appetite and makes me crave for tea and snacks. Pakora or better known as fritters are my all time favorite tea-time snack. I can think of enjoying some spicy Bhindi Pakora or onion fritters any day. So, I decided to make some crispy Palak Pyaaz ke Pakode today.
Pakora, Pakode, Bajji are just different names for fritters. They are deep fried snacks and usually served at tea time. I’m going to share the recipe for some Spinach Onion fritters today. You can also watch my youtube video to learn to make these crispy snacks.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for more videos. Click Here to subscribe.
Make these Palak Pyaaz ke pakode today and enjoy with your family and friends.
- Spinach - 1 cup (cleaned and finely chopped)
- Onion - 1 big one (peeled and sliced)
- Besan/Gram Flour - ½ cup
- Rice Flour - ¼ tbsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for deep frying - 1 cup
- Add all ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl and mix it well with your hands to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Drop small portions of the batter using a spoon or your hands and fry till golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and drain the excess oil.
- Serve it hot with some tomato ketchup or dip of your choice.
There is no need to add water while mixing batter as spinach, onion, salt will leave enough water to make it wet.