Badami Methi Paneer Masala is a rich curry made with toasted cottage cheese and cooked in rich almond gravy. The subtle taste of dried fenugreek leaves take the curry to another level. It is creamy, rich and appreciated by my whole family. You know its good when your kid asks for a second serving. So, you know that Badami Methi Paneer Masala is going to a regular dish in my house now 🙂 ..
It was one of those days when I got up early in the morning and was in a good mood to start the day by cooking something special for my family. I usually prefer cooking something quick and easy on weekdays especially in the morning when I’m in a hurry to send my kid to school and pack lunch for hubby. Once Shiva also leaves for office, I start finishing all other chores like laundry, cleaning house etc. My kid is back from school in the afternoon and I just keep myself free to listen to his stories. Arhaan is usually so excited to tell me about what all he learnt in school or some new mischief where he was also involved 🙂 .. He excitedly asked me, what is in lunch today amma and I told him that I have made Badami Methi Paneer Masala. I was waiting to hear his feedback and to my surprise he asked for a second serving. In the mean time I get a call from my hubby saying that he loved today’s lunch 🙂 .. I’m sure you can imagine me doing a happy dance 🙂 🙂 .. So, do try out this Badami Methi Paneer Masala and enjoy with your family.
- Paneer/Cottage cheese - 200 gm (chopped into equal cubes)
- Kasuri Methi/Dried fenugreek leaves - 3 tbsp
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Tomatoes (chopped)
- Grated Ginger - 2 tsp
- Almond/Badam - 20
- Fresh cream - ¼ cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 2 tsp
- Red chilly Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil - 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Soak almonds in some water and microwave for 2 minutes. Peel them and keep it ready.
- Soak dried fenuugreek leaves is some water.
- Add chopped onion, tomatoes, peeled almonds, ginger in blender and blitz it to make a paste.
- Heat a non-stick griddle/tawa and toast paneer cubes using 1 tbsp oil till they turn light brown on all sides. Keep this ready in a separate bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and when oil is warm, add cumin seeds and saute till they crackle.
- Add almond-tomato paste and saute for few minutes till oil separates from the gravy.
- Now add turmeric powder, garam masala, red chilly powder, sugar and mix it well.
- Add dried fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Beat the cream nicely, add it in the pan and mix well.
- Lower the flame, add paneer cubes and salt. Mix it gently.
- Let it simmer for 2 minutes. You can add some water if you feel the gravy is too thick.
- Transfer into a bowl, garnish it with some coriander leaves and serve it hot with flat bread or rice.