Palkova or Theratipal is one of my all time favourite sweet. It is actually loved by my whole family. It is a very popular sweet in South India and usually made by simmering milk. It is time consuming as you have to keep simmering milk till it gets thick and grainy. My mom taught me this easy method to make palkova in microwave with condensed milk.
It is so easy to make and can be made in flat 10 minutes using microwave without much effort. So, sharing Theratipal recipe and wish you all a wonderful week ahead.
Theratipal recipe / Microwave Palkova
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Dessert
- Condensed milk - 500 ml
- Yogurt/dahi - 3 tbsp
- Sugar - 1-2 tbsp (optional)
- Ghee/Unsalted butter - 1 tsp
- Grease a large microwave bowl with ghee evenly.
- Add condensed milk, yogurt and sugar in the bowl and mix well.
- Microwave on high power for 2 minutes.
- Stir it well and again microwave high for 8 minutes. Keep stirring after every 1 minute.
- Now it will start coming to palkova consistency even though it will be gooey. Remove from the microwave, stir well and let it cool down completely.
- Garnish it with some chopped pistachios and almonds and enjoy!!
I added extra sugar as I love palkova on sweeter side. You can omit adding extra sugar.