My little boy usually does not eat vegetables unless it is added in some paratha, dosa, sandwich, pasta etc. My mother in-law asked me to try out this sorakkai dosa for him and it turned out to be yummy. A happy day for me as I could see my son eating the dosa and he could not make out that it has some hidden veggies in it.
So, sharing the recipe for Sorakkai dosa which can be a nutritious breakfast for you family.
Bottle Gourd Dosa / Sorakkai Dosa
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Breakfast
- Raw Rice - 1 cup
- Idli rice - 1 cup
- Bottle Gourd nicely scraped - 4 cups
- Asafoetida - 2 pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Chopped green chilies - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Clean and soak the rice for 4 hours and then grind it nicely to make a thick batter.
- Clean and peel the skin of a bottle gourd and scrape it. Add scraped bottle gourd in the batter.
- Transfer the content in a vessel and keep it aside for 2 hours to ferment.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and Asafoetida to it. Once mustard crackles, add green chilies and curry leaves and saute for few seconds and add it to the batter.
- Heat a tawa, grease with oil. Check if the griddle is ready by sprinkling little water. If it gives an oozing sound, then the griddle is ready.
- Lower the flame and scoop a ladle of the batter and spread to a circular shape. Pour few drops of oil along the sides of the dosa.
- Turn over after a minute. Remove the dosa when it is golden on both sides.
- Serve it hot with sambar and chutney.