Phirni is a delicious rice pudding and you will find many variations for the same. I added strawberries to it and gave my own twist to this pudding. You can serve this Strawberry Phirni for any special occasion.
Watch this quick video to make this yummy dessert!
The best part about making Strawberry Phirni is that you need just few ingredients and 20 minutes to cook it. Check out the detailed recipe and enjoy!
- Basmati rice - 4 tbsp
- Strawberries - 10-12
- Full cream Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar -1/2 cup
- Rose essence - 1 tsp
- Crushed pistachios and almonds - 3 tbsp
- Clean the rice and soak it in some water for 1 hour. Drain the water completely and grind this rice to a coarse paste.
- Grind 6 strawberries with little water to make a juice. Strain it.
- Heat milk in a thick bottomed pan when the milk starts boiling, lower the flame and add the rice paste.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add strawberry juice and let it thicken.
- Add sugar now and cook on low flame. Keep stirring till it thickens.
- Add rose essence and stir it. Transfer the content in a serving bowl and refrigerate.
- Garnish with some chopped strawberries and crushed nuts.