Its always fun to make something for your kids. Its even more fun if you involve them and cook something. I decided to make some Broom stick cookies for this Halloween. Last time I had made some eggless witch finger cookies and my kiddo totally enjoyed making them with me. I can do anything to just see him smile. After all children fill our lives with so much joy 🙂 ..
These cookies are so easy to make with 4 basic ingredients. They are shortbread cookies and I have added cocoa powder to differentiate the colour of the stick.
Its so easy to shape these cookies and make impressions like broom stick with a fork 🙂
Read complete directions before you start making these cookies. So, have fun this Halloween with your kids with some super easy treats 🙂
- Maida / All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Unsalted butter (at room temperature) – ½ cup
- Powdered Sugar – ¼ cup
- Cocoa Powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Sift all purpose flour and keep it aside.
- Add butter at room temperature and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Now add all purpose flour, milk, salt, vanilla essence and mix well with your hands to make a soft dough.
- Take a small portion of dough and mix cocoa powder and milk with it to make sticks. Keep this chocolate dough separately.
- Take a small portion of vanilla dough and flatten it gently with your hands and place it on cookie tray.
- Keep at least ½ inch distance between each cookie. Press the cookie lightly with the help of a fork to make lines.
- Take a portion from chocolate dough and roll it to shape like a stick. Fix it one one side with vanilla cookie dough as shown in above pictures.
- Preheat oven at 180 °Celsius.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes and place the cookie tray for baking at the same temperature.
- When the edges start turning light golden brown, remove from the oven and place them on wire rack for cooling.
- When they have completely cooled down store them in an air-tight container.
- You can also dip them in chocolate syrup and enjoy.