Makes – 15 medium sized cookies
Maida/All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
Icing Sugar – 1/3 cup
Unsalted Butter – 1/3 cup
Choco Chips – 1/3 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Milk – 1 tbsp
1) Sift all purpose flour and keep it aside.
2) Add butter at room temperature and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
3) Now add all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla essence and mix it well to make a soft dough. Add milk only if necessary. In the end add choco-chip and mix it.
4) Take a small portion of dough and flatten it gently with your hands and place it on cookie tray. You can also flatten the dough with a rolling pin and cut it with a cookie cutter to give different shapes.
5) Keep at least 1 inch distance between each cookie.
6) Preheat oven at 180 °C.
7) Set the timer for 15 minutes and place the cookie tray for baking at the same temperature.
8) When the edges start turning golden, remove from the oven and place them on wire rack for cooling.
9) When they have completely cooled down store them in an air-tight container.
You can enjoy them with your morning or evening tea/coffee.
Tip: My cookies took 20 minutes. So, if you see that the cookie colour has not changed to light brown on the edges keep them in oven for few more minutes and keep a watch on them.
Add milk only if you feel the dough is not soft enough.