Potato sandwich is a simple and scrumptious breakfast option which can be made with some mashed potatoes. Somehow I love potatoes in any form. I’m sure its already obvious by seeing so many recipes using potatoes :).. I was thinking what to make for breakfast when I saw some potatoes in my pantry. My family always loves these Vegan potato sandwiches.
Watch this quick video to make these yummy sandwiches:-
These sandwiches are vegan friendly as I have not used any butter but smeared some olive oil for cooking and toasting it. You will love these sandwiches if you love potatoes and make it as spicy as you want! So, sharing the recipe and hope you all have a great day.
- Whole wheat bread slices - 8
- Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes - 2 (Finely chopped)
- Grated ginger - 1 tbsp
- Boiled and mashed potatoes -3
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- chilli flakes - 1 tsp
- Dried oregano - 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Olive Oil - 4-6 tbsp
- Add 1 tbsp oil in a pan and when its warm, add cumin seeds and chopped onions to it.
- When onions turn translucent, add grated ginger and tomatoes to it.
- Saute it for few minutes and add turmeric powder, chilli flakes and dried oregano to it and mix it well.
- Add mashed potatoes and salt to taste.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Transfer it into a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take a slice of bread and spread the filling on it and keep another slice above it.
- Now spread little oil on the top and bottom sides.
- Grill it or toast it. Serve it with morning tea or coffee.