Payasam or Kheer are specially made during festival days in India. They are also made for special occasions and they are specially served as offerings in temples in India. This is an easy pudding made with goodness of carrots which is cooked in milk with sugar and flavours, aroma of cardamom. Even my kid loves it. So, sharing the recipe with you all and hope you make it this festive season!
- Milk – 1 Litre
- Carrot – 4 Medium Size
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamon powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Few broken cashews and raisins for garnishing
- Grate the carrot and blitz it once in the blender.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins for few seconds. Remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee in the same pan and add carrots. Saute it for few minutes on low flame and now add milk to it. Let it cook for 5 minutes on low flame and keep stirring.
- Now add sugar and mix it well. Add the cashews and raisins and mix well.
- Cook it for 2 more minutes and then remove from gas stove and add cardamom powder and mix it well.
- You can serve it hot or chilled.