Ganesh Chaturthi is a festival celebrated in a grand way in my house. We make a small idol of lord Ganesha with clay which is worshiped for next 10 days. We prepare special food as offering for lord Ganesha and one of them are these modaks. We usually make Thengai Poorna kozhukattai or better known as Ukadiche Modak in North India. This time I decided to make these Kesar Paneer Modak.
Watch this quick video to make these Kesar Paneer Modak or read the following detailed recipe. It is super easy to make and hardly takes 15 minutes of your time. Wish you all a very Happy Ganesh Chaturthi. May Lord Ganesha bring more prosperity..
- Paneer/Cottage cheese - 200 gram (mashed)
- Sugar - ¼ cup
- Condensed Milk - 200 gram
- Saffron strands - 10
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Add paneer, sugar, condensed milk, saffron strands in a sauce pan and combine.
- Heat the pan on low flame and keep cooking till it combines to form a dough.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove from flame and use modak moulds to shape them as shown in the video.