Pepper rasam is a clear soup perfect for this winter season with flavours of garlic, pepper and cumin. The weather is gloomy and cold in Bangalore that you can only think of having some warm soup and stews. I have recently moved to Bangalore from Chennai and miss the sunny and bright days. It also keeps raining here and thats why its more gloomy. A comforting soup is must for such weather which helps to keep you warm and healthy. A little pepper and garlic also helps to boost your immunity.
I recently shared the recipe to prepare some pepper rasam powder which comes handy to make this clear soup. Click here to check out the recipe.
So, sharing a recipe to make some comforting, flavourful pepper garlic rasam and hope you enjoy making it this winter..
- Tamarind - 1 gooseberry size
- Pepper Rasam Powder - 2 tsp
- Garlic cloves - 4
- Red chilli - 2
- Grated Jaggery - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida/ Hing - a generous pinch
- Salt as per taste
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of warm water for 15 minutes. Extract the juice by removing the pulp and seeds. Keep this juice ready in a cup.
- In a pan, add ghee and mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds sputter, lower the flame and add the curry leaves, red chilli, asafoetida and garlic cloves. Saute for a minute.
- Now add the tamarind extract, mix well and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Now add pepper rasam powder, jaggery, salt and 1 cup of water. Mix it well and let it boil for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and serve it warm.