I have often wondered how people manage to smile when I know they are suffering and going through deep pain. I guess that’s their power and learnt that life is only worth living with a big smile. This needs lot of work, perseverance and patience but I have decided to apply it in my life. I made this Bread halwa to bring a smile on my son’s face..
I saw few bread slices in my pantry and was wondering what to make for my son as a quick evening snack. He loves sweet things and I usually love treating him with dessert once he’s back from school and finishes his lunch. I made this simple bread pudding and nothing could beat the happiness which I got just seeing my son smiling. So, sharing a recipe for Bread halwa which takes hardly 15 minutes of your time to put together and you can enjoy with your family.
- Wheat Bread slices - 3
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Ghee/Clarified Butter - 3 tbsp
- Powdered sugar - ¼ cup
- Green cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Broken Mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, raisins) - 2 tbsp
- Add 1 teaspoon of ghee in a frying and fry nuts on low flame till they turn light brown. Transfer it in a bowl and keep it ready for garnishing
- Remove sides of the bread and cut the bread slices into small pieces.
- Fry the bread pieces in 2 tbsp ghee for few minutes.
- Add milk and powdered sugar and mix it well. Mash the bread with the help of ladle.
- Add green cardamom powder and few fried nuts and mix it well.
- Add remaining ghee and remove from the flame. Transfer in serving bowls. Garnish with fried nuts and serve.
You can adjust sweetness according to your taste.