I was in a mood to have some pudding for breakfast and thought of making some eggless bread pudding. This pudding is easy to make and simply delicious! I topped it with custard sauce and some fresh fruits and my whole family enjoyed it.
Breakfast plays a key role in keeping me happy and fresh. I can run my whole day happily if I have had a wholesome breakfast. So, sharing the recipe and its something you can enjoy any time of the day. Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Eggless Bread Pudding
make a delicious, eggless bread pudding and serve it with custard sauce and fresh fruits.
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Pudding
- Corn Flour - 1 tbsp
- Chopped Cashew Nuts and Almonds - 1 tbsp
- Oats - 2 tbsp
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Bread slices - 4
- Melted Butter - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - ⅓ cup + 4 tbsp
- Milk - 2 cups
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Custard Powder - 1 tbsp
- Preheat Oven at 180 C. Apply butter on one side of each slice and cut each slice into 4 equal parts.
- Grease a oven safe bowl with butter and arrange the bread strips with the buttered side facing upwards.
- Combine the cornflour and ⅓ cup sugar along with warm milk in a bowl and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Boil the mixture on a low flame and keep stirring continuously. Cook till the sauce slightly thickens.
- Remove from the flame and add add ½ tsp vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Sprinkle nuts, oats and raisins on the bread strips and pour the sauce evenly over them.
- Sprinkle the 1 tbsp sugar evenly on top and 1 tbsp melted butter evenly over it.
- Bake for 30 minutes at same temperature. Remove from oven.
- To prepare custard sauce - add milk, custard powder, 3 tbsp sugar in pan and cook it on low flame for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Keep stirring. Remove from the flame and add ½ vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Now top this sauce over the pudding and serve it with some fresh fruits.