My day starts in the kitchen with preparing breakfast and packing lunch for my kid and my husband. While I have always emphasized on packing a nutritious lunch for my family, I have also taken care to pack it in a health safe lunch boxes. I recently came across Borosilicate Glass Lunch Box by Home Puff and loved them!
The features which I loved about Borosilicate Glass Lunch Box by Home puff are:
- High quality Borosil glass containers
- You can use these containers as storage containers too. They are microwave safe and can be used for deep freezing too.
- The lunch box comes with a compact lunch bag and a set of spoon and fork.
- There are 4 separate containers and helpful to pack various food items.
- These containers are leak proof, stay stain free and easy to maintain too.
- The lids are only plastic but BPA free.
I’m also sharing the recipe for starwberry rasam today. You can drink it as a soup or mix it with rice and enjoy!
- yellow pigeon peas split/ toor dal - 1/4 cup Cooked and Mashed
- Strawberries - 10
- Rasam powder - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Imli/tamarind - 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Soak the tamarind in 1 cup of warm water for 15 minutes. Now strain it by removing the pulp and add the tamarind water in a pan.
Now add strawberries, rasam powder, a pinch of asafoetida, turmeric powder, tamarind water in a sauce pan and boil it for 5 minutes on low flame. Keep stirring in between.
Now add cooked dal and 3 cups of water into it. Add some salt and mix it well. Remove from the flame and keep it aside.
Take a small frying pan and add 1 tbsp ghee and mustard seeds to it. Once the seeds crackle, add it in rasam and garnish it with some coriander leaves.
Enjoy it with rice or you can also drink it as a soup.
***** I received a free product but the opinion shared is completely mine*****Yum