Pachadi is a popular side dish from South India and usually served with rice. It is also made with curd which is just like raita and can be prepared in 10 minutes. I love pomegranates and add them even in curd rice. They add such colour and sweetness even to a pale looking dish. So, Pomegranate Coconut Thayir Pachadi turned out to be really good.
I had made some sambar, okra fry with steam rice for lunch today and thought of making some pachadi. I usually peel the pomegranate and store the seeds to eat almost everyday which always come handy. Pomegranates are rich in fiber and minerals and I’m basically a fruit lover. So, sharing a quick recipe today for Pomegranate Coconut Thayir Pachadi and hope you all try it out and share your feedback with me..
- Pomegranate seeds – 1/4 cup
- Grated Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Green chillies – 2
- Salt as per taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal/white lentil – 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Grind grated coconut with green chillies with some water to make a smooth paste.
- Add this coconut paste, curd, salt in a bowl and mix it well.
- Temper mustard seeds, white lentil in oil. When mustard seeds crackle, add curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add pomegranate seeds in the end and serve.