I always tend to make quick curries or one pot dishes during working days and go for elaborate meals over the weekend. I have a small kid who needs to be sent to school by seven in the morning and my husband prefers taking lunch to office. So, I need to finish cooking breakfast and lunch in the morning itself. It is easier to prepare a dish which will be eaten by the whole family. Eggplant and potatoes are loved by my family. So, I decided to make this easy eggplant potato curry for lunch today and packed it for hubby’s office with some phulkas and raita. I have already shared few dishes on my blog using eggplant. If you love eggplants like me, just click on names for the recipes:
So, sharing a quick curry and hope you all try it out and enjoy!!
- Eggplant- 3 (chopped)
- Potatoes – 2 (peeled and chopped)
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (grated)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Amchur Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Few Coriander leaves/cilantro for garnishing
- Heat a frying pan and add oil. Add cumin seeds and saute. When the seeds crackle, add onions and ginger.
- When onion turn translucent, add chopped tomatoes and saute till they get mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, garam masala and mix it well.
- Now add chopped potatoes, eggplants and mix it well. Saute for few minutes.
- Add salt and 1/2 cup of water, lower the flame and let it simmer for few minutes.
- Cook till the vegetables are totally cooked and tender. Serve it hot with some phulkas and raita.